Monday, December 31, 2012

My 2012 In a Nut Shell

Well, this will be my last post of the year. I wasn't able to write anything from the last few months because I'm hell of a busy nowadays. I barely have 1 hour computer time everyday because of my work and mostly it only involves late catch up with my old and new friends. 

Anyways, this post will be about my life in 2012 and my New Year resolution for 2013 (hopefully). I think I haven't done this kind of post last year (or perhaps I deleted it during my blog reboot?). It's never too late, better having one than never. I hope I can make this every year so I can summarize my blessings and accomplishments. 



Before I start, let me greet you a very Happy Christmas and have a prosperous New Year everyone! Another year has ended.

Okay..... so enough with the introductions and here we go!

Last Few Months of College
And the most busiest time of my life. Full of deadlines, schedules, pressure ~ well technically, I wasn't able to enjoy the last few months in college because of our thesis and some loads of final project. Why did I mention it was busy? I have a huge tendency of slacking off and laziness. Ha. Maybe I just think to much. Well, my laziness and slacking paid a decent high grades. 

I think it was the time also that there was a confusion between my past love. I can't elaborate though because I already forget the whole details. Besides, that's what we do right? 

College Graduation~!!
The one of the biggest event in my life and also my greatest achievement. After 4 years of attending classes, cutting classes, monkey business, studying (occasionally, hahaha!), pressures, tiredness, drinking sessions, outings, hang-outs, examinations (uuggghh), assignments, projects, and thesis (my God!!). Thanks to my slacking, laziness, critical-thinking skills, logic, mathematical skills, problem solving, perseverance, comprehension, attentiveness, and multi-tasking abilities. I didn't know that I have those qualities but hey that's me! Though graduated without any flying colors, I'm pretty satisfied about it since I also received decent high scoring grades. It's just that I wasn't able to start my college motivated ~ If I didn't spent my precious time with monkey business, then maybe I had one (just a thought....).

In-Between-Jobs Phase
No job for almost 5 months (May-Sept). First 2 months were spent on slacking and rest (which is what I regret the most). I was a little bit worried about my career during that time. I had plenty of interviews but wasn't able to avail any luck. So many opportunity has been wasted, what a shame! I realized that having a "backer" or should I say job assistance is always on the top priority. Since then, I realized the hardship and difficulty of finding a job.. never waste an opportunity. 

My First Job
As I mentioned, 2 months were used on slacking and rest ~ after 3 months, I finally had my first job! It is also one my greatest achievement this year ~ not to mention that I worked my ass of for this. I am proud of myself by having a job without any job assistance. Though at first it was really difficult for me and made a huge adjustment (I spent 2-3 hours travel time and 9 hours of working hours). It's difficult because my body is not used on long travels (basically if you add the the travel time back and forth, 4-6 hours is spent only in travel).

Why still go for it? Opportunity. It's one of the luxury hotels in the city of Manila. It's a good training ground especially for my communication skills. My supervisor, seniors, and office mates are all nice. My commutes and daily compensations are justifiable ~ i still manage to have savings.

Early Adulthood
As I enter the early stage of adulthood, I discovered endless possibilities. It seems that I was seeing the world so small and easy during my school life ~ very dependent on my family. Though I don't consider myself yet as an independent person, I'm taking it one step at the time - everything doesn't need to be rushed. I feel so young and free ~ I can now take care of myself, decide on what I want, go wherever I want. Careless at the same time responsible (does that even make sense? -_- )

Doomsday Conspiracy
I'm proudly to say that I survived another doomsday, yay! So much for that. I don't actually believe with the so called "doomsday" or the end of the world thingy but I believe about the possibility and hopefully we are already prepared by that time.

----------------------------

I think that is too short for my 2012 summary but hey, that is why it's called "in a nut shell"!
And maybe because a huge amount of my time was spent being a bum.

----------------------------

The last thing I want is to have a decent direction (2013) although I don't obey nor follow that much (as I don't really make any new year resolution) ~ but I know for a fact that when there's will, there's a way!

New Year's Resolution
  • Become independent as much as possible. I want to learn to live on my own ~ I'm saying as much as possible since I know that I still  need guidance from my family.
  • Better and stable career. No need to elaborate. A better career means a better life!
  • Improve my focus and concentration. I spent most of the time being absent-minded and daydreaming so that's why -
  • Healthy lifestyle. Eating healthy, no smoking, maintaining physical fit body by means of exercise and active lifestyle.
  • Quit smoking. I've done it many times but avail no success. Sucks for me! I think I need more motivation.
  • Stable relationship. I'm done having shitty and short ones. Time to get serious. Someone that I can proudly introduce to my family and relatives. (NOT REALLY SURE ABOUT THIS ONE, LOL)
  • Computer use reduction. To have an active lifestyle is to lessen my lazy ass sitting in front of the computer.
  • Buy something expensive for myself. It's more like want than necessity, ego I guess. Don't take that expensive term literally, just something with a high price that I can afford and put pride on.
  • Start giving out birthday gifts and Christmas gifts. I can't give out anything this year because I want to save it first for the future. 
  • Read more literature. I want to start a reading habit. Though I'm no longer studying, I still want my brain being fed with knowledge ~ not to mention that it will also improve my vocabulary.
  • More improvement of self-confidence. 
  • Be more useful to the society. This is getting very generic. LOL
  • I want to have a ripped body. BUT not like those abnormally obsessed men that makes them big (shrinking heads, nothing but body). I just want to have a beautifully shaped body - couple of abs, visible biceps.
  • ENJOY ANOTHER PROSPEROUS YEAR!!
I think that's all for it and the end of my thinking capacity. I have 365 days to do them all!

Again, Happy Holidays and have a prosperous New Year!

This is Kevin (aka SnowCone), posting my last blog entry of the year 2012!



Note: Proof read 1/18/2013, better late than never. What the hell was I writing last year? I spelled "career" as "carrier", way to go for a zombie apocalypse addict. LOL. At least the errors were minimize.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please use the Name/URL option instead of Anonymous so I can address you properly using your name or code names.
You can also indicate your website so we can check each other out otherwise leave it blank if you don't have any. Feel free to send me an
e-mail
if you have any questions, comments, suggestions, requests, or legal claims.