Sunday, April 28, 2013

How to Burn PS2 Games

So I'm not that kind of a Sony Playstation geek or genius in terms of how it function, but first let me remind you that your Playstation 2 must be "modified" in order to play back up games. Consult to your nearest game shops that offers modifications with these types of console or just simply search in Google.

I have nothing else to do that's why I made this tutorial and since Playstation 2 games is hard to find nowadays.

To start of, you need to have the following:
  • A computer that has a DVD writer.
  • The Image file of the game of your choice, ISO is the common term and format of a CD/DVD image file. I will not tell where you can get these, just search it in the internet.
  • A blank DVD-R disc (for PS2 games), preferably 8x write speed. You can use any brand, I got mine for 5 pcs for PhP 40.00 (USD 1.00) and no problem at all.
  • Burning software, I prefer using DVD Decrypter. There  are some others too but I highly suggest this one. At first, I used Alcohol 120 but I wouldn't recommend it because I had issues regarding loading speed (during the game) and there is a huge chance of error while burning (disc will be wasted). With DVD Decrypter, I got zero waste and the burned games works perfectly on my Playstation 2.

Now that you have the above requirements, I highly recommend you to close all unimportant application in your computer other than the burning Software. DVD burning takes huge amount of memory in your computer and any obstructions or whatever you call it can affect the outcome of the burned DVD.
  1. Insert the Blank DVD-R disc and open DVD Decrypter. In the toolbar, click Mode->ISO->Write or simply press "W" key to go in ISO Write mode.
  2. Select the ISO of the game you wish to burn.
  3. Set the writing speed in to 4x (very important).
  4. Click "Write" to start the burning process. Normally, it should only take for about 15-25 minutes, depending on the file size of the game.
  5. Once done, label it using permanent marker and try it on your Playstation 2!
One last thing, take good care of the DVD because any major or minor scratches can affect the performance of the game. If you followed my guide carefully, it should work flawlessly because mine did!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i recommed power iso and magic iso for better results

Anonymous said...

Are u positive it works and will not damage my ps2's disk reader????

Post a Comment

Please use the Name/URL option instead of Anonymous so I can address you properly using your name or code names.
You can also indicate your website so we can check each other out otherwise leave it blank if you don't have any. Feel free to send me an
e-mail
if you have any questions, comments, suggestions, requests, or legal claims.