Thursday, July 18, 2013

Love Rain

My contract has ended in my workplace and currently I am almost 4 months unemployed. How was that for me? I'm stuck in the house, helping my mother in our family business but this every day repetitive routine has been killing me. How I wish that finding job here in my country is easy..... Although I've already passed on couple of my job interviews, lately I've been picky on what job should I go for. 

Unfortunately, those interviews were not really my type. If you'd ask me why do I bother attending job interviews, my answer will be: To practice on how to answer the interview properly, especially when the time come when I'll be interviewed for the job I'd like to work on. I must admit, I still staggering to answer sometimes during the interviews. Well, maybe because I'm nervous. Who would not be?

Image Source
Anyways, moving on. I was so sick of my every day repetitive routine, so I search something new to spend my time. I ended up  watching 'Love Rain', a Korean drama which is aired in one of the local channels here in my country.  To tell you the truth, I don't know which time it airs in my favorite local channel so I end up downloading. It is a good time spender if you'd ask me because it takes 1 hour per episode. 

I'm afraid that I can't review it yet but it's fun to watch. Although I've only watched the first four episodes (still counting), it already caught my interest. I don't usually watch other foreign TV shows (English TV shows is an exemption) but if I find it interesting, I take my time. Besides, Yoona of Girl's Generation is one of the protagonist. <3

The show also matches the season here in my country (which is rainy) but unfortunately, I'm currently writing it on a very hot day. Thanks to climate change. x(


Here is the plot of the show:
"Love Rain" depicts a 1970's pure love and a love from the present day

~ 1970's ~

In-Ha (Jang Keun-Suk) is a university student majoring in art. In-Ha and his friends Dong-Wook (Kim Shi-Hoo), a medical student, and Chang-Mo (Seo In-Guk), a law student, are popular at school, especially with women. In-Ha, Dong-Wook and Chang-Mo also enjoy playing the guitar and singing together.

One day, In-Ha passes female student Yoon-Hee (Yoona) on campus. It takes no more than 3 seconds for In-Ha to fall in love with Yoon-Hee. He later sees Yoon-Hee sitting on a bench, while painting. In-Ha begins to paint her portrait, but the next moment she is gone. In-Ha runs out to find her and, in his excitement, bumps into Yoon-Hee. Yoon-Hee drops what she is holding. In-Ha helps to pick her stuff up, but doesn't say anything to her. After she leaves, In-Ha discovers a small notebook that she left behind. The notebook is her diary. At night, In-Ha opens up the diary and reads a page. He learns that Yoon-Hee's parents died and she loves the American film "Love Story." He then closes shut the diary. The next day, In-Ha waits for her outside a campus building to return her diary. When he turns around and is about leave, Yoon-Hee appears and asks In-Ha if he has seen her notebook. In-Ha doesn't speak up in time and misses returning her diary. In-Ha then reads more from her diary, this time from front to back multiple times.

On a rainy day, In-Ha sees Yoon-Hee standing in front of building without an umbrella. In-Ha offers to walk her with his umbrella. As they walk together they feel a bond. A date is set to meet the following Sunday to watch the movie "Love Story".

Later, Dong-Wook takes In-Ha and Chang-Mo to a get-together at a restaurant. Dong-Wook asks In-Ha and Chang-Mo to help him get closer to Yoon-Hee. Dong-Wook met Yoon-Hee the day before and also fell in love with her. She reminds him of his late mother. Because of this, Dong-Wook had asked his friend Hye-Jung (Son Eun-Seo) to bring Yoon-Hee to the get-together at the restaurant.

~ Present Day ~

At a train station in Hokkaido, Japan, Joon (Jang Keun-Suk) and Ha-Na (Yoona) bump into each other. Ha-Na's cellphone falls into Joon's pocket without either person noticing. Joon is a photographer and a playboy. He came to Hokkaido for a photo shoot. Ha-Na is a student studying in Hokkaido and about to depart back to South Korea.

Later, Joon hears an odd cellphone ringtone. Joon then realizes that he has someone else's cellphone in his pocket. Meanwhile, Ha-Na goes to a shooting site to retrieve her cellphone, but Joon isn't there. Because of Joon's constantly changing schedule, Ha-Na's misses him three separate times. Finally, Ha-Na goes to Joon's hotel. After waiting until past midnight in the hotel lobby for Joon, Ha-Na decides to go into Joon's hotel room to retrieve her cellphone. Nobody is in the room and the door is unlocked. Ha-Na finds her cellphone, but suddenly Joon and a model walk through the door ...
I didn't read the plot, BTW. I just copied it in the website because I don't want to spoil my self. :))
If I don't get lazy, I might actually review but the chance is very low. >:)
Anyways, it's very entertaining and fun to watch. Although it may kind of cliche, still, it had it's mix of sad, funny, and cheesy moments.

PS: I'm really liking my new blog template, minimalist and simple but very elegant.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please use the Name/URL option instead of Anonymous so I can address you properly using your name or code names.
You can also indicate your website so we can check each other out otherwise leave it blank if you don't have any. Feel free to send me an
e-mail
if you have any questions, comments, suggestions, requests, or legal claims.