Monday, January 23, 2012

File Hosting Sites ~ Afraid to FBI

After shutting down of MegaUpload - one of the best file hosting sites, many file hosting sites has removed their affiliate programs. These affiliate programs makes you earn money every time people download your files. Uggghh.

I'm terrible pissed right now after FileSonic removed their affiliate program. I've been earning money from FileSonic for almost 3 months and managed to get $32 (US) for my hard work. They have the best paying rate. But now, they removed the affiliate program without notice. I checked my inbox messages one by one but still, i didn't find anything regarding that matter. Wupload and FileServe were the first one (in my experience) removed their affiliate program, but Wupload gave notice. I don't know about FileServe, since i'm not using it when the time i use FileSonic (because FileServe has low pay rate) but i've read on a forum that they also removed it without notice.

It's not only the file hosting sites but also the video hosting sites has removed their affiliate programs. An example of that is Video-BB. I think they also removed all of their videos? I don't know, just visited it today and i found no videos (even in the category section Videos 0 - 0 of 0)? Another one is Videozer . I don't know anything that much about it, but i usually see it in anime online streaming. These video hosting sites has affiliate program also and people earn mainly on movie, anime, and tv series watching which are considered Copyright Materials as well.

One reason is that i think, even if SOPA is temporarily disregarded, they are scared to be shutdown like what FBI did to MegaUpload, particularly file hosting sites that are based (servers) on US. This is due to the fact that these affiliate programs encourages people to upload Copyrighted Materials to earn from it.

I've read the indictment of MegaUpload (MegaUpload Conspiracy), and i guess that was reasonable regardless of SOPA! The indictment is 74 pages FYI.

Anyways, I'm thinking of FilePost, UploadStation, and FileJungle. I'm gonna try the FilePost first, since it has a decent payment program than the UploadStation. I'm using FileJungle but for back-up purposes only. They also have decent payment program which is similar than FileSonic (but they have an ugly site interface, LOL). I'm also thinking about ShareCash, but i'm still gathering patrons before using it. I have to gather good reviews about my site since it require surveys and offers to fill-up before downloading. These surveys and offers usually piss visitors and leave bad review about it so... no, not now.

I'm currently having hard time reuploading my files to a new file hosting site due to limited bandwidth :| thankfully, these files are not that big and mostly ranges from 1-60 Mb. I'm gonna finish this today, lot's of editing to do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please use the Name/URL option instead of Anonymous so I can address you properly using your name or code names.
You can also indicate your website so we can check each other out otherwise leave it blank if you don't have any. Feel free to send me an
e-mail
if you have any questions, comments, suggestions, requests, or legal claims.