Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Hunger Games Trilogy

So today, I just finished reading all 3 books of  "The Hunger Games Trilogy" after five days. Yep, I can read fast and still understand every bits of it as long as my interest matters. 

I really got interested after I watched the first film, The Hunger Games after it was released online (I'm a hell of a pirate, really). The movie itself was really great despite of having some major and minor tweaks which is very understandable considering that some parts of the book is not entirely important. The idea of getting some parts from the sequel book is very ingenious otherwise it might have been many dull moments and confusing scenes.

After I watched the movie, the urge of wanting more haunts me. Then I decide to put my interest in the book because I have to wait till next year for the next installment, November 2013 (see detailed release dates here). Hopefully, it will be released the same date as US which is November 22 - in our timezone it will be November 23 (GMT+8, Manila). I even read the first book considering that I've watched the movie which is rarely I do (for the fact that it is already spoiled by the movie). I consider that a high level of interest!

Why do I consider it as high level interest? Take note of the Harry Potter series, I only watched the film. I managed to read the Deathly Hallows but got lazy and lost interest, leaving the halfway of pages unread.

I can't buy the books because of the bad weather (it's been raining nonstop here for weeks, day and night) so I made it work reading e-books. It's not easy BTW, it  irritates my eyes if I spent to long but I can't believe that I didn't notice the time as I read.

The Hunger Games is the 2nd book that I've read after watching the movie being The Notebook as the first one which is a very different case - reading it because of a responsibility not knowing if I'm really accountable for. Same reason goes with The Time Traveler's Wife but did not finish it though I'm also halfway through with it. OR it might have been third, I just can't remember if I managed to finish Sundays at Tiffany's, a novel turned in to movie also, though I remember that i read that.

At some point, I thought of it's good to read the book first before watching it. The reason is obvious, why bother spending many days reading a novel after watching it within 2 hours or so? But being like me, not much of a bookworm, has to thank the movie for giving the knowledge that it came from a novel.

Well, happy Hunger Games everyone! May the odds be ever in your favor, always!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please use the Name/URL option instead of Anonymous so I can address you properly using your name or code names.
You can also indicate your website so we can check each other out otherwise leave it blank if you don't have any. Feel free to send me an
e-mail
if you have any questions, comments, suggestions, requests, or legal claims.